Thursday, August 28, 2008

AT LONG LAST

Yes, well, the blog still lives.

Being in a law school, one sees a number of fellow law-schoolers' blogs. While some of them are perfectly delightful, other bloggers seem to feel the need with filling up their blogs with something socially relevant and "meaningful". That's a word I don't have much patience for, nowadays.

But yes, sometimes, I wonder on the perspective we have gained in law school. Being exposed to discourses on rights, basic rights*, democracy, justice, fairness- all the while being part of an institution that, though the best (snort) in the country, spectacularly fails to carry out any of this in practice.

I considered this to be entirely the fault of the administration. Recent events don't leave me so sure. It is obvious to me, unfortunately, that words like procedure, democracy, hearings are not only irrelevant to the faculty, but also are pretty dispensable for students. That leads me to wonder- what are we learning in law school? I accept the need for a career-oriented course, but where do we miss the point of the abovementioned concepts? Is there something wrong in the way the administrators have failed to inculcate this is us? or is it just something to do with the cynicism that prevails in our lives- in and out of college?

Ah, well, I'm cynical too, and can feel myself stopping to care.

But yes, this blog might live. Humour might return. No assurances, I grant. But probably, yes.

10 Comments:

Blogger Karan said...

haha, I am surprised (and glad!) that you still remember the password for your Blogger account.

10:09 pm  
Anonymous esta web said...

Yo! I know this is sort of off topic however I badly need a little guidance from an reputable blog. Is it awfully difficult to create your own personal web site? I am not very good with technical stuff although I can work things out pretty fast. I'm thinking about establishing my very own site however I'm unclear about where to begin. Do you have some strategies? Many thanks

4:31 pm  
Anonymous http://www.horoscopo-diario.com.ar said...

This is a smart blog. I mean it. You have so much knowledge about this issue, and so much passion. You also know how to make people rally behind it, obviously from the responses. Youve got a design here thats not too flashy, but makes a statement as big as what youre saying. Great job, indeed.

4:31 pm  
Anonymous mas informacion said...

Wow, that was a brilliant post. In theory would like to be such a good writer too. It takes time to creat that brilliant and in addition lots of effort to make such a excellent article.

4:32 pm  
Anonymous referencias said...

Hey I realize this is sort of off topic but I require a little advice from an reputable blog. Is it quite complicated to set up your own personal website? I'm not very good with technical stuff although I can work things out pretty qiuckly. I was giving some thought to establishing my own weblog although I'm not clear about how to begin. I was wondering if you have any hints? With thanks

4:32 pm  
Anonymous relacionado said...

I cannot WAIT to read more of this. I mean, you just know so much about this. So much of it Ive never even thought of. You sure did put a new twist on something that Ive heard so much about. I dont believe Ive actually read anything that does this subject as good justice as you just did.

4:33 pm  
Anonymous http://www.ayudaparadejardefumar.org said...

Exercise means more than stops and starts chasing a ball in the backyard. Sign up for my pet blog and let me know if you have questions or concerns regarding your pets. No matter how guilty a dog may seem to act after you find your favorite shoes destroyed, he is really just reacting to your anger without understanding why he is in trouble. Price comparison among the three brands is negligible, with pennies difference between them up or down at any given time. Puppies need to see you keeping them safe while developing confidence with big dogs, little dogs, medium dogs and different hair types and statures

4:33 pm  
Anonymous http://www.santaparanoia.com/como-iniciar-conversacion-mujer/ said...

Thanks for your posting. One other thing is when you are selling your property by yourself, one of the difficulties you need to be alert to upfront is how to deal with property inspection records. As a FSBO owner, the key about successfully shifting your property and saving money about real estate agent income is knowledge. The more you understand, the smoother your sales effort is going to be. One area when this is particularly vital is assessments.

4:34 pm  
Anonymous aid credit said...

Superb site you have here but I was curious if you knew of any community forums that cover the same topics discussed here? I'd really love to be a part of community where I can get feedback from other knowledgeable individuals that share the same interest. If you have any suggestions, please let me know. Thank you!

4:35 pm  
Anonymous antivirus tablet said...

What I wouldnt give to learn how you got your design to be so amazing! I mean it. Besides the blog just being awesome, this page is too sweet! Its not too flashy. It doesnt do too much with colours and things and the videos you use are perfect for this topic! Really, awesome blog.

4:35 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home