Wednesday, August 12, 2009

I'm no good at farewells. Never have been.

There have been a lot of them over the last week. One expected one, from NALSAR. And two entirely unexpected, and a lot more abrupt.

So this is a dedication, somewhat. To two people I've known since birth.

And especially, to you. To my first visit to Chandni Chowk, to get my cycle. To parrots as birthday gifts. To Aam Paapad, lots of it. To the fact that you had something for EVERYONE when you came back from the US. Everytime. To Qeema Paranthas. To awesome noodles. To times when we just came over, and stayed for a dinner NOBODY saw you make. To random memories of Lahore.

To the fact that you had the biggest heart I've ever seen.

We'll all miss you a lot, Suniti Aunty. Thank God you went the way you would have wanted to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home