Sunday, February 15, 2004

Today I shall give you a character sketch of my teachers-
1- Padmavathy Shrinivasan- Padma teaches us History, and has gone from being nice maternal teacher to Lalita Pawar in less than a week with our class. She's stopped giving us notes, and has become razzer intolerant with our class. Methinks she is overworked and needs rest and recuperation among those people who believe themselves to be Napoleon Bonaparte.
2- Rupa Das- Elle est Bangla, Need I say more?
3- Shashibala Aggarwal- Shashibala ma'am teaches us maths, and is a sweetie. She is a maths teacher cursed with XI-R, a class that patently does not want to learn mathematics. As a result, she has to contend with people doing Shamshad Begum imitations in her class, eating their tiffins, and bunking on a scale hitherto unknown to teachers. Yet she only says one thing "Beta, this is not the way." I love her.
4- Atika Dayal- Atika Dayal teaches english. and is known by a large variety of nicknames which I shall not mention heyar. She does not quite ceyar for me, since I have not submitted my english homework for the past six months. Well, is theyar any point in doing it? She's planning to knock off 5 marks from my paper, and shall not speyar me, even though I have told her to read the merchant of Venice again, specially Portia's speech.
"The quality of mercy is not strain'd,
It droppeth as the gentle rain from heaven
Upon the place beneath: it is twice blest;
It blesseth him that gives and him that takes:"
I feyar that my English paper will not be the best I have ever given.

5- Last, but not the least. Mrs. Suman Lata.
Email me for more information about Suman Ma'am!