Monday, March 28, 2005

Raat Akeli Hai, Bujh Gaye Diye

It has been nine days since the end of my board exams, which were not fun.
And I'm bored.
And that's not nice. Because for six months, the words "After the Boards" have been synonymous with Happiness, Joy, and Gaiety. Now that the boards are over, I realise joy and happiness is not forthcoming, except with friends.
And that brings me to my question- Is true happiness dependent on other people, and if not, what is the feeling of pure joy when you're with people called?
Because whenever I'm alone, I'm usually pensive, and melancholic. Even when I'm happy, the happiness is a derivative of some other reason. Am I weird, or is the rest of the world also like this.

All right, enough of the sentiment.

In fact, in my present frame of mind, enough with stuff.

Next entry will either be on Punjabi Music, or Food. You decide.

10 Comments:

Blogger sway said...

Isn't it a contradiction if you like the British Empire and love France? Je ne comprend pas.

11:11 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We're all feeling the same.....you're not weird in this respect. I choose food .Nice to see you after so long.

4:26 am  
Blogger Dhruv said...

i choose punjabi music..
I'd rather your entries be in synchronous with the title I've given to your blog on my blogroll..

gosh I'd like to see you when you're sober! It's a side of you I haven't seen.... EVER!

7:06 am  
Blogger Xiexie said...

Am facing the same situation here.
However the melancholyness can be thwarted with some good food,good cricket(hopefully) and some good sports!I also wish to advertise my blog here
gremlinfromthekremlin.blogspot.com
Next entry ought to be food!

7:26 am  
Blogger Smita said...

Manav, write abt Punjabi music and cheer up u moron! Honestly, if ur bored u neednt be melancholic....uff!

10:00 am  
Blogger Karan said...

Current Food or Punjabi Music before the advent of Punjabi Pop.

8:32 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

UNreliable sources informed me that the blog lives....its True!!Yay....ONe more thing to be envious of. Sigh
LunarLily

8:51 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should read "The Fountainhead" to know what it means to be happy without being dependent on others for it.

7:30 pm  
Blogger Dhruv said...

Gee, everyone seems to be recommedning that book! Funny a book on Architecture should be so liberating & stimulating to the mind..

10:45 pm  
Blogger Manav said...

No, I'd rather be dead in a ditch than read Ayn Rand.

6:01 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home