Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Manav's Moans

I have a good mind to change my blog name from "Of Life and Lurrrve" to "Manav's Moans", considering I whine so much on it. Well, a Psychology Personality test (helping a friend get through her last-minute practical) has already told me I was a verbally-adept, highly depressed and neurotic personality, so deal with it, bitch.

I've been feeling very touched the last couple of days. I've been given one of the best and sweetest gifts I've ever got by a Certain Extra-terrestial Old Hollywood Actress Who Eats Everything, and its a very heartwarming feeling. I'm not telling anyone over here any more about it, so there.

Our Esteemed Alma Mater has still not come up with any appointments, which in effect means PC and Zafar continue to be de jure headboys, and me a de jure President Quizzing Club. As (For want of a better title) President, Quizzing Club, I'm organising Interrobang 2005. an Inter-School Quiz for X.XI and XII. This raises the total tally of quizzes we've organised to 11, which is quite a phenomenal number. This includes an Iner-school quiz in July for which we realised, three days before the actual quiz, that only 4 teams had registered. Me and Sud (I'll get back to Sud later) called up ALL the schools, and got a respectable turnout of 47 teams. Hehe. With Bongo (Our Friend, Philosopher, Mentor and Guide, a la Nature to Wordsworth) being the quizmaster, it was a grand success.
Getting back to Interrobang- The prelims were yesterday, for which PC, Bhavya and me were at school, where we had a lot of fun, and talked to all our old teachers, and cocked a snook at the present Class XII batch. The finals are on the 19th of April, and we all are looking forward to them, since it's the last quiz we're organising.

Well, when I was writing about the achievements of the QC, I realised I'd never written about Sud on the blog, which is quite sad.
See, Anurag Sud was President of the Club, besides being a brilliant quizzer, besides being a stellar student, besides being a FITJEE topper, besides being a wonderful person, besides being someone who had the dubious distinction of capturing Vrinda Marwah's heart in Class VIII.... the list goes on, and on, and on. Here's wishing him a great deal of luck (not that he needs it) for his IIT-JEE, and hoping he tops in this too.


For those (Minuscule number) of you that don't know, I got into NUJS, Kolkata. This means that I'm now the first person leaving Delhi at the end of May. Wail, Well, I hope I'll be back to meet all my friends, whom it is now going to get increasingly hard to meet as time passes, considering we're all going to be heyar, theyar and everyweyar.

Sleep Beckons, and I depart.

11 Comments:

Blogger Dhruv said...

Not so fast mister!
We're having interviews for school appointments today.. and a decision is sure to be taken.. Hopefully, they'll declare their selection by monday.

9:02 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow...thats a side of sud ive never heard you discuss before..(evil grin)
...generally, other aspects are covered.(eviller grin)...hah. thats what you get for not falling for my jokes.....
"A Certain Extra-terrestial Old Hollywood Actress Who Eats Everything"-including patta gobhi

11:08 pm  
Blogger Xiexie said...

Manav,Anurag is one great guy,I fully agree.Apart from all that you've mentioned, I don't know if you know about the fight he had with Anglie Taneja in 8th!But full credit to him, he's a great guy ! A great student and a great quizzer !
I have hardly known you.Its only in the 12th that I came in touch with you due to the fact that both of us were appointments and the takkar we had at Columban Quiz(thats when I saw the quizzer in u).So I really don't know u well! But as you're leaving next month! Best of Luck for whatever you plan to do! And by the way, this is my 2nd comment on ur blog and u haven't commented on mine at all! Man,wats wrong with u ?

1:44 am  
Blogger Smita said...

hah, and they have been declared! go arjun! and manav, ur quackers!

11:07 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Arjun??

9:35 am  
Blogger Dhruv said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:16 pm  
Blogger Dhruv said...

Arjun Kapoor (to whoever the above Arjun may be)..

9:17 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations Manav, I am so proud of you! Do you have msn? It's been so long since we talked...

~One of your first quizzing partners!

11:33 am  
Blogger Siddhartha Banerjee said...

Kolkata...nice:)
Great city...I think you'll like it there.
When are you leavimg anyways? I guess we'll meet in summer. I'll be reaching by 6th.
In any sace...best of luck.

6:56 am  
Blogger Xiexie said...

URGENT !Manav visit my blog and check out the latest entry ! I need ur valued opinion on this one !!

1:49 am  
Blogger Dhruv said...

I don't know if Manav ever visits his blog, so god knows if he'll see your message..
I have reason to believe that he keeps forgetting his blog address and must be reminded by someone who visits him on a monthly basis..

2:08 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home